Call for a Free Consultation (646) 884-3319



How to Help an Elderly Parent with Estate Planning

Posted by Irena Mykyta | Sep 22, 2021 | 0 Comments

Watching your parents age can be an emotional and stressful process. Acknowledging our own mortality­—not to mention the mortality of our loved ones—is difficult and uncomfortable to talk about. But your help could be critical in getting your elderly parent the estate planning help they need. Wh...

Quick Start Guide to Common Types of Trusts

Posted by Irena Mykyta | Sep 08, 2021 | 0 Comments

One way to ensure you control where your assets end up after your death is to create a trust. A trust is created when the trustor gives the trustee (a third party) the right to handle their assets on behalf of a beneficiary, ensuring the beneficiary receives exactly what you want them to get. In...

The Art and Science of Protecting Your Company's IP

Posted by Irena Mykyta | Jul 12, 2021 | 0 Comments

Did you know that fried-chicken chain (and social media marketing superstar) KFC follows only 11 accounts on Twitter? Six of those are men named Herb; the other five are the former Spice Girls. It's a clever nod to the company's famous trade secret, its tightly guarded chicken-seasoning blend com...

How to Preserve Your Trademarks

Posted by Irena Mykyta | Jul 05, 2021 | 0 Comments

Once you register a trademark with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO), it's your responsibility to preserve the mark and ensure that it continues to represent what's unique about your business. If you don't preserve your trademarks, you risk forfeiting the exclusive rights to use them....

How Has President Biden Changed Immigration?

Posted by Irena Mykyta | Feb 11, 2021 | 0 Comments

On January 20, 2021, President Biden issued several orders on immigration. Some orders take immediate effect while others may take more time to be implemented.Among the immediate changes are:• Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) remains in place.• Deportations* were paused for 100 days...

New Public Charge Rule

Posted by Irena Mykyta | Sep 17, 2019 | 0 Comments

NEW PUBLIC CHARGE RULE Question 1: If I am undocumented and my child is a US Citizen and I have received public benefits through my child as a family will this affect my ability to apply for a green card? Answer:- The rule specifically states that public benefits received by your family members...

How to Become an Executor of a Will in New York?

Posted by Irena Mykyta | Jul 23, 2019 | 0 Comments

What is an Executor? When you prepare a will, you need to name someone whom you can trust as an Executor. They will handle the affairs of your estate once you pass away, which may include paying for a funeral and administration expenses, paying bills, and making sure that your house or apartment...

Today is World Refugee Day

Posted by Irena Mykyta | Jun 17, 2019 | 0 Comments

  The United States has long been a global leader in the resettlement of refugees—and the need for such leadership remains enormous. The number of refugees around the world who are fleeing violence or persecution in their home countries in search of safety abroad has grown dramatically over the ...

Coop or Condo – What is the difference?

Posted by Irena Mykyta | Jan 01, 2017 | 0 Comments

New York City is like a box of chocolates–you never know what you're going to get. Nothing illustrates that more than your living arrangement. With five boroughs and hundreds of apartment styles, your whole life is dictated by what your bathroom looks like and who your neighbors are. However, if ...

Divorcing Before You Get Your Green Card

Posted by Irena Mykyta | Dec 01, 2016 | 0 Comments

Marriage isn't always what we expect it to be. You may have spent many happy years dating someone, only to find that they became a different person once you two married. Divorce is complicated enough, but what if you or your former spouse were in the process of becoming a permanent resident? The...

Peace of Mind

Working with us will bring you peace of mind. You will feel comfortable knowing that your legal matters are in the experienced, professional hands of Mykyta Law firm.

We understand that clients want greater predictability when it comes to legal costs. Therefore, we offer alternative fee arrangements.

Free Consultation: We can make your life easier. Call us now.